Ecclestone rules out French GP return in '15

Monday 26th May 2014, 16:43 by TF1T Staff 

Bernie Ecclestone has ruled out a return to Magny-Cours for the French Grand Prix in 2015 - or any other circuit in France.

Whilst the organisers of the circuit claimed they had opened dialogue with Ecclestone about a potential return next year, the 83-year-old is adamant it won't happen.

"We have been working on it [a return] for more than three years, it has built slowly but surely, and I feel that the time has arrived to sign this agreement," said Serge Saulnier, chairman of the board at the Magny-Cours.

Questioned about the possibility, Ecclestone simply replied: "No," before adding: ""They are knocking on the door, but I don't think we can do that."

Azerbaijan however will be on the calendar as reported earlier this year.

"Yes, it is all done," he stated. "It will happen next year."

The capital city of Baku is expected to takeover the rights for the European GP with a new street circuit planned for next year.

LATEST FORMULA 1 NEWS

MERCEDES

Mercedes will allow its drivers to race freely

caterham

Caterham faces legal action from axed employees

MERCEDES

Lauda would have done the same as Hamilton

FERRARI

Alonso: 'Second place tastes like a victory'

MCLAREN

Button says McLaren threw away a good result

MERCEDES

Hamilton says he was right to ignore team orders