- Loading CountdownAustralia:
Mercedes haven't lost their momentum - Wolff
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 13:48 by TF1T Staff
Mercedes haven't lost their momentum this season according to executive director Toto Wolff, and he fully expects them to be back at the front at the next race.
The Anglo-German outfit didn't perform as expected in Belgium and Italy, which has left them trailing Red Bull and now Ferrari in the constructors' battle, whilst Sebastian Vettel has further extended his drivers' title hopes with a back-to-back victory.
Wolff isn't disheartened though and says such lulls are to be expected from time to time, especially considering where they were in 2012.
"There is obviously the danger that momentum stalls, but we have momentum," he said.
"You cannot expect to be on pole at each race and be on the podium at each race, especially from where we came from last year.
"Everyone is still motivated, we enjoy ourselves and sometimes it just needs a little kick to get back on track. But I am satisfied."
Further upgrades for Singapore are planned and they haven't yet switched focus to 2014 he revealed.
"We have a specific plan, and we are then analysing which of the last races we stop [working on the 2013 car] for 2014. We are pretty flexible."
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.