- Loading CountdownAustralia:
Hulkenberg doesn't regret moving to Sauber
Wednesday 21st August 2013, 13:58 by TF1T Staff
© Sauber Motorsport AG
Nico Hulkenberg says he doesn't regret moving to Sauber from Force India despite what may look like a poor decision.
The German has only scored in four races so far this season, bringing his tally to just seven. This time last year, at Force India, he had amassed 19 points.
Whilst the Silverstone based outfit continues to enjoy success, with Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil scoring a total of 59 points in ten races, Sauber has just seven as Esteban Gutierrez is yet to score.
Hulkenberg doesn't regret the move though and says he's making the most of a difficult situation - adding that he's happy at the team.
"It is not as expected, but it is what it is," he said. "It is a new challenge for me not to give up, not to let my head drop down.
"I made a move that maybe in hindsight doesn't look so good, but it's a challenge for me to keep up and still keep doing my best.
"I'm not thinking about [regrets] too much, I'm just focused on getting the best out of myself and the team and the car. I'm happy."
The 26-year-old isn't ruling out remaining with Sauber in 2014.
"I think the future is still open," he added. "Me and my manager are looking at all the possible options, including Sauber."
Hulkenberg made our top ten drivers of the season so far - check out which others did and see who took the number one spot.
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.