- Loading CountdownChina:
Hulkenberg will see out season with Sauber
Thursday 25th July 2013, 23:16 by TF1T Staff
© Sauber Motorsport AG
Nico Hulkenberg has dismissed speculation about his immediate future, describing the recent rumours that he will leave Sauber before the end of the current season as "nonsense".
The 25-year-old joined Sauber from Force India after the Swiss outfit showed great promise in 2012. However their performance hasn't carried across and he has scored just seven points in nine races.
As a result of the poor form and Sauber's financial woes - which have now been solved by Russian investors - his management terminated his contract with the team.
That, the German insists, doesn't mean he's leaving them before the Brazilian Grand Prix in November.
"I do not know what has been speculated, but I'm driving here until the end of the season," he told reporters on Thursday. "After that, I'm not sure."
His long-term future isn't as certain and he says he's "evaluating options" with his management.
"The future is open. We are evaluating all the options we have, including Sauber," he added. "But nothing has been decided."
He has previously admitted he's been in contact with Lotus should Kimi Raikkonen choose to leave.
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.