- Loading CountdownAustralia:
Porsche not denying Webber rumour
Monday 15th April 2013, 14:43 by TF1T Staff
© Getty Images
Porsche haven't denied reports that Mark Webber could be a part of their World Endurance Championship (WEC) line-up in 2014.
The rumour, reported by Radio Le Mans among others, suggested the Red Bull driver has agreed a five-year deal to race for the Porsche factory team in the WEC from 2014.
Whilst the reports haven't been confirmed, they are also yet to be denied.
Wolfgang Hatz, a senior member of Porsche AG Board in charge of research and development, told AutoAction that Webber wasn't in their testing plans, but they would be open to including F1 drivers in their 2014 line-up which is yet to be decided.
"There is a test plan, and for sure Mark Webber is not part of them," he said on Sunday.
He added: "We can have perhaps some F1 drivers in the future.
"We will use some of our own drivers [for 2014] and add some external drivers - we have two cars and need six drivers next year.
"We still have plenty of time to decide our driver line up."
The Australian has previously admitted that he would like to race for Porsche in the WEC when he finally retires from F1. Could that be at the end of the current season?
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.